Turn your Imagination into a Reality
How to Deliver Exceptional POS Installations in a reduced Retail Market
Having planned, built, measured and delivered POS displays for both multinationals and small businesses for many years, I can clearly see the merits and the differences in both when it comes to deploying POS and installation projects. We are in a challenging retail market and when it comes to maximising sales and in-store point of sale (POS), having both the creative vision and the expertise needed to maximise the impact that your display will have on the consumer is essential. With reduced footfall and many closed retail units, maximising each sale is paramount to business success.
I have involvement in each and every installation that we take on which means that I can ensure a successful project from beginning to end. We have the ability to deliver fewer projects extremely well and we believe that this is key to getting results.
Our top tips to ensuring a successful campaign will include:
- Use our experience BEFORE decisions are made on the method of executionThis means establishing strategic partnerships with everyone involved, where we are all sitting on the same side of the desk, working together to ensure the project goals are met on time and on budget. Early involvement is paramount, even before the project has been won!
- The BriefUnderstanding and developing a thorough brief is essential. Off the back of this, a proposal that is ‘fully loaded’ and built to cover the client for every eventuality can be developed. This keeps the client free from those dreaded ‘added extras’, such as issues with logistics or route planning, delays due to access issues or security compliance and re-visits due to lack of specific tools or fixings. We go out on site with the client to ensure we have explored all possible scenarios to ensure 100% compliance. This means that we can foresee issues and ensure compliance from the off.
- Detailed Tech Driven Route PlanningMany competitors and clients use Google Maps to determine their route plans, thinking this is satisfactory. We have invested in sophisticated software, driven by the same core elements of leading sat nav and national logistics software. We find that the benefits of using this software and harnessing technology are both of economic and environmental gain, providing efficiency and accuracy in each installation all over the world.
- Product FamiliarityThis is an essential element for us to be “hands on” with the product and fully understand every element of the installation. Warehouse staff are briefed about each project, so they are not just moving boxes, they know what is inside and understand the importance of every part. This helps with collation and loading, where quality and quantity are important elements of each Shop Pack.
- Team BriefingWe insist on face to face briefings to ensure full understanding of the brief. With Covid, we have introduced Zoom Briefings to ensure the whole team are briefed together and all working together to a shared goal. We don’t believe in separate briefings where team members get slightly different answers and don’t benefit from the questions others raise. For us, Zoom gets over that. We have put many safety precautions in place, meaning the team load the kit following social distancing guidelines. Each team member is able to communicate directly with the Project Manager (at a safe distance) at all times. Communication is key.
- ExecutionIf all of the above is in place, this is the easiest bit! Each installation is monitored by an experienced Project Manager and supported by our real-time reporting module. This ensures compliance and is monitored for each and every site in real time. No project is without problems (generally not of our making!!) but the speed and experience of making decisions and taking actions to ensure the project stays on track is where we really shine. Experience is the biggest asset.
A personalised approach with intimate attention to detail, along with recording and analysing the results takes a simple product and creates an experience; something that both surprises and delights.